We, the University of Konstanz, are a young reform and campus university with innovation and collaboration at its heart. We are one of Germany’s Universities of Excellence and proud to be a member of the European Reform University Alliance – ERUA.
Our motto is “creative.together”. Since our foundation in 1966 and the opening of our actual campus in 1972 we have strived for interdisciplinary dialogue and to continuously and critically question existing standards and norms in favour for progress. It is our strong belief that innovation and progress are best achieved when people with different backgrounds and ideas come together and collaborate in an environment that fosters and supports their potential.
As a university, we aim to provide such an environment for our students, our staff, and the public. Being part of the European University Initiative and ERUA is an integral part of our vision for the University’s future as an accessible space for higher education, innovation, and transfer that transcends borders – between nations and disciplines.
• Tackling the social, ecological, and economic challenges of the future across disciplines, languages, and national borders
• Envisioning research and teaching in a networked way in order to shape the European Universities of the future together with our international partners and friends
• Fostering international exchange of students and staff through mobility programs, virtual joint campuses, and joint study programs
• Constantly reinventing ourselves together, remaining flexible and ready for reforms and courageous experimental approaches
• Actively fostering constructive communication and lively interaction between university members and society by intensifying the exchange with the public and by facilitating access to knowledge
• Seeing Europe’s diversity as a strength and an opportunity while at the same time representing common values and the European idea
Students: 11.230 (1.296 international)
Staff members – total: 1940 (334 international)
Staff members – academic/research: 843 (243 international)
Staff members – professors/lecturers: 213 (38 international)
Staff members – academic support: 884 (53 international)
The University in numbers
Three faculties (13 departments)
39 buildings “under one roof”, 6.947 rooms, 0.22 km² of floor area
One 24h-library with more than 700 seats for study
Marcia Tiburi – TERRADORADA (paintings exhibition) – Auditorium MR002
Deavan Michelle La Tray – Chroma Depth (paintings exhibition) – Hall Auditorium MR002
Eva Dimitrova – Beauty without filters (photgraphy exhibition) – Hall Auditorium MR002
Michail Bakas – Equality in Life, Society and Education Human stories. Another road to the European Dream (photography exhibition) – University Entrance Hall
Indira Sofia Molina Caliz – Au sud du sud (dance performance) – Hall Auditorium MR002 – Closing session, cocktail time.
All performances will be available on November 8 except for the dance performance which will be held just before the cocktail.