Call for Administrative Members of the ERUA Steering Committee
This call for expression of interest intends to select the two representatives of the ERUA administrative community within the Steering Committee. The Steering Committee (SC) of ERUA is responsible for ensuring overall effective steering of activities and for fostering alignment between the ERUA activities and the member universities strategies. The members of the Steering Committee are in charge of supervising the whole ERUA setting-up process and to take strategic decisions with the contribution of the project management teams.
As one of the strategic steering and decision-making bodies of the alliance, the Steering Committee’s role will be to guide the alliance’s internal and external strategy and to formulate recommendations on key issues and projects for consideration by the Alliance’s Board of Rectors.
The Steering Committee is composed by one Vice-Rector per member university, the ERUA Secretary General, the ERUA Project Coordinator and 5 elected representatives from the Participatory Council (3 students and 2 administrative staff).
Missions and tasks
The Administrative Representatives will play a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction and decision-making processes of the ERUA Steering Committee. The mission is to ensure that administrative perspectives, needs, and expertise are effectively represented, contributing to the overall success of the alliance’s goals and objectives.
Provide input and insights from the administrative staff perspective to guide the alliance’s internal and external strategic planning.
Collaborate with other committee members to align administrative strategies with the overarching vision of ERUA.
Participate actively in decision-making processes related to key policies, initiatives, and projects, considering the impact on administrative functions and efficiency.
Formulate informed recommendations on administrative matters, ensuring they align with the alliance’s mission and objectives.
Contribute to discussions on resource allocation, budgeting, and operational planning.
Communication and Liaison:
Serve as a liaison between the administrative staff community and the Steering Committee, fostering transparent communication.
Convey relevant information and decisions back to the administrative staff community.
Contribute to the development of administrative policies and procedures that align with the alliance’s goals and values.
Advocate for policies that support a positive and efficient working environment for administrative staff.
Conditions and term of office
1) Each administrative representative is appointed for the whole project implementation period i.e. until October 31st, 2027.
2) The exercise of a mandate as a member of the Steering Committee is voluntary and unpaid. However, each member university from which an administrative representative comes shall use its best endeavours to identify and put in place all possible means of discharge or compensation to ensure the representative’s effective commitment to the Steering Committee and to the community.
3) The mobility for the participation in the statutory meetings of the body will be financed by ERUA.
4) The Steering committee meets 4 times a year, including once physically.
Application and selection criteria
The following will be highly valued by the selection committee when reviewing the applications:
-Demonstrated experience in university administration
-Strong understanding of ERUA’s mission, values, and strategic objectives
-Excellent communication and collaboration skills
-B2 level in English is required.
-Sense of initiative and capacity to be a driving force.
All members of the ERUA administrative community, wishing to become involved in this strategic body, are invited to submit their application no later than the 18th of February 2024.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following documents:
– An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
– A cover letter not exceeding 1000 words, expressing their interest in participating in the Steering Committee, and especially highlighting their relevant experiences (missions and/or activities) with ERUA
All documents should be submitted as email attachments, with the object “Candidacy to the ERUA Steering Committee” and sent together to email@example.com
If necessary, the Selection Committee might organize interviews with the shortlisted applicants.
More detailed info can be found in the file – Call for Administrative representatives.