A two-day workshop “Participating in and creating scientific networks” will be held virtually on March 23rd – 24th. Event link is available here.
The workshop is directed towards early-career researchers with motivation to develop international collaboration and research networks.
The purpose of the workshop is to facilitate exchange of experience in building international research networks between early-career researchers and senior researchers.
The starting point will be to develop international research networks within the context of ERUA member universities and identify subsequent opportunities for building research networks beyond ERUA. Research and accessing funding for research increasingly requires developing international research networks. Early-career researchers will be given the opportunity to present their research and ideas for research collaboration and receive feedback and coaching from experience researchers and research support staff.
This is the just the first of a series of workshops that will be taking place throughout the next 2 years and will cover a broad scope of topics ranging from the way networking works, through funding opportunities for collaborative research, to specific scientific areas in which the ERUA participants have common portfolios.
Date and time:
• 23 March 2022 9am – 4pm
• 24 March 2022 9am – 3pm
The workshop will be organized as a webinar using Zoom.
• Introduction and experience in developing scientific networks
• Presentation of participants and research focus
• Participating in and creating scientific networks
• Developing concept notes and 60 second pitch.
• Presentation of research concepts
• Tools for developing research networks
• Exploring tangible methods for creating research networks and engaging in research networks
• Moving from research idea to participating in (international) research networks
• Reflection and summarization
A more detailed programme will be sent to the approved participants in the second week of March.
In order to ensure optimal interaction and dialogue between early-career researchers and senior researchers we have limited the workshop to 25 participants (5 from each University), so we would kindly ask you to apply by sending a short description of your research area and motivation for participating in the workshop (up to 1 page) no later than 28 February, 2022 to the representative at your University:
• Paris-8: email@example.com
• Konstanz University: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Roskilde University: email@example.com
• New Bulgarian University: firstname.lastname@example.org
• University of the Aegean: email@example.com